Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kid Cudi Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager Reviw























Kid Cudi's newest album, Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager dropped today and I have to say that I am disappointed. His sophomore release has a much more depressing sound, and less catchy songs in general. I am sad to say that I saw this coming. I have been listening to the steady stream of songs that have been leaking all summer like Erase Me and Wild'n Cuz I'm Young and the songs that have been leaking this past week like Marijuana and Ashin' Kusher, and these tracks on The Legend of Mr. Rager just seem to lack the same creative and innovative style that characterized Cudi's previous album, Man on the Moon: The End of Day. While Cudi stayed true to his style on some tracks, many sound overproduced and boring. I mean there is not one song on Man on the Moon II that comes close to songs like Make Her Say, Pursuit of Happiness or Soundtrack 2 My Life or really just any song on Man on the Moon: The End of Day. I am not saying that Cudi has lost his touch. He has released a couple of songs recently that aren't on the album but that are really good. For example: All Talk and Dangerous . I just think he might have rushed this album. If I had to say my favorite song off the new album is REVOFEV, but I heard that months ago when it leaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment