Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Community' Star Donald Glover Talks Hip-Hop

I am beyond excited for the IAMDONALD show on May 6th. I am pretty sure I am the only going since no one bought tickets when I told them to and they are sold out now! Either way I am going to drink a 40 probably and get crunk. Below is a part of an article from spin magazine about Donald's rap and his life growing up. I just think its funny how you can tell real hip-hop fans from none. I have been telling all the dick riders jumping on Childish Gambino that he is not a joke rapper. You know what check it out he is not...Read more of the article HERE















Glover thinks his songs, funny though many of them may be, are to winking novelty acts as quirky shows like Community are to middle-of-the-road ratings champs like, well, Two and a Half Men. "Three-camera is old rap, when they tell you when to be scared and when it's funny," he says. "Like, 'Yeah, fucking drugs! Fucking bitches!' And the comedy rap is like"--his voice jumps an octave to approximate Bill Cosby's folksy warble--" 'This is about salami!' But now, there's an element of single-camera: Is it funny? Laugh if you want."

No comments:

Post a Comment