Monday, October 24, 2011

The Black Keys: GQ Music Issue 2011 The Survivors

Damn this piece made my love for The Black Keys get even stronger! Dan Auerbach is a BADASS! Read the whole article HERE

GQ: A lot of the songs on Brothers were breakup tunes, and they seemed to be about Pat, who was going through some personal turmoil. Is that accurate?
Dan Auerbach: No, none of them were, actually. But "Next Girl" was our first song [off Brothers], and he had just gone through the worst breakup. He was, like, losing his mind and it just helped him get through it.

GQ: Did you ever read the piece his ex-wife wrote for Salon about their breakup?
Dan Auerbach: No.

GQ: You know the piece I'm talking about, though, right?
Dan Auerbach: She's written a couple pieces. I don't want to read anything she's got to say.

GQ: Did Pat read those things?
Dan Auerbach: I don't know. I hope not. She crushed that dude's soul. I hope he can stay away from her forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment