Monday, August 24, 2009

Inglourious Basterds Review



So I was really excited to see this movie. It was one of the movies this summer that I was looking forward to the most. I mean its the return of Tarantino & he is teaming up with Brad Pitt who is probably my favorite actor & they are killing nazis. I mean its got to be an amazing movie right? Wrong!

Overall I was disappointed with the film. Brad Pitt did an amazing job no question and it was fine directing and film work by Tarantino as you would always expect. He brings that classic filmmakers eye to a film. But it was not the film that was advertised. First off it's titled the Inglourious Basterds so your expecting to see a movie about some Inglourious Basterds not only that a movie with a lot BRAD PITT being an Inglourious Basterd. I mean look at the poster above Brad Pitt is a Basterd! Well let me go ahead and tell you if you are looking for a film that has BRAD PITT with a bunch of other basterds running around and brutally killing nazis for 2 hours and 30 minutes then you are going to be disappointed like me and the rest of America!

Here is the synopsis of the movie I got off line.

In German-occupied France, Shosanna Dreyfus witnesses the execution of her family at the hand of Nazi Colonel Hans Landa. Shosanna narrowly escapes and flees to Paris, where she forges a new identity as the owner and operator of a cinema.

Elsewhere in Europe, Lieutenant Aldo Raine organizes a group of Jewish soldiers to engage in targeted acts of retribution. Known to their enemy as “The Basterds,” Raine’s squad joins German actress and undercover agent Bridget Von Hammersmark on a mission to take down the leaders of The Third Reich. Fates converge under a cinema marquee, where Shosanna is poised to carry out a revenge plan of her own…

I would say for the big time chunks of the movie and for at least 90 minutes of the 150 minute movie the top part of the synopsis is what you see. A female character Shosanna Dreyfus is on the screen and not BRAD PITT or his Basterds! Infact most of the cool scenes in the movie of action and killing and BRAD PITT are the ones you see in the trailer(which I hate when that happens). They don't really develop any of the Basterds or BRAD PITT's character the film just leaves you wanting more of the basterds. You don't even know why BRAD PITT has the narley scar on his neck... Like I said it was a good movie it had some really cool scenes in it. BRAD PITT'S character was cool as shit (and could have been in more of the movie if you ask me and probably the rest of the America) but overall it was just disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment