Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Hanukkah!





















Today is the first night of Hanukkah, I can't believe how early it is starting this year. Finals haven't even began. Anyways a Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish brothers and sisters. This year the one and only Matisyahu drops a new Hanukkah song entitled “Miracle”! He plans to unveil it live at this year’s Festival of Light shows, which kick off this Monday at Brooklyn Bowl in NYC and continue through the end of the holiday. I have seen Matis 5 times in 4 different states and one day soon hope to make it to his annual Festival of Lights concerts in NYC! I wish I was in LA for the open extra call on the music video for "Miracle" it would've been so badass...

Here is what Matis had to say about his new song:
“I wanted to give the Jewish kids something to be proud of. We've got Adam Sandler's song, which is hilarious, but I wanted to try to get across some of the depth and spirituality inherent in the holiday in a fun, celebratory song.”
8 Facts About Hanukkah That You (Probably) Didn't Know, Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment