Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Real Soulful Dude: Aloe Blacc


















Last week I had the pleasure of seeing Aloe Blacc live at the Masquerade in ATL! I had first heard about the concert about a month back and am really glad I went. After the show Aloe walked right to the back of the room and started talking to his fans and signing autographs. I had to pick up a copy of his new album Good Things for him to sign! As for the show in general Aloe Blacc is an extremely talented soul artist and one of the best performers I've seen in a really long time. In the video below he does one of my favorite songs off the album You Make Me Smile at Schubas in Chicago. From the look of the video Schubas is packed out. On the flip side the Masquerade was damn near empty for him, which made me I feel really bad, I guess the people down here in the "A" aren't up on some GOOD Music! Aloe gives an interview with Okayplayer TV to talk about his "brand new old soul" style, future Emanon music (Aloe x Exile his hip-hop work), and more. If your musical taste are like mine I suggest checking him out you won't be disappointed. I have a feeling he is going to be the next big thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment