Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Generic Surplus



























To all my fellow Sneaker Heads and Footware enthusiasts I would like to take a moment of your time to tell you about a company that I have come to love. Not only do they make high quality products they also have amazing customer service.  For those of you who have never heard of Generic Surplus, they are a branch of The Generic Man, a small company founded in Los Angeles in 2008.  
Their mission statement is simple:  
Timeless, Refined, Monochromatic
In a time when shoe design is overwhelmed with flashy branding and logomania, Generic Surplus pursues a more conceptual approach, discarding loud logos in favor of clean, refined lines with monochromatic colorways and durable, innovative materials. Incorporating elements of street wear, rock n’ roll and avant-garde fashion, Generic Surplus creates designs with a timeless appeal that leads the way towards a new direction for everyday footwear.


You may be asking why I am taking the time to talk about a company.  Well recently I came across some of the best customer service one could possible ask for.  My favorite pair of GS shoes are my 2010 Chukka Sneakers.  A couple of weeks ago the laces ended up shredding after a year in which I wore them all the time in many different kinds of environments including: airports, bars, formals, clubs, baseball games, in the rain, traveling, and the beach. So, about a week ago I decided I would try to find an email address for the company to see if I could get a new pair of laces for them.  


Blah say blah to make a long story short I basically emailed the company asking if there was anyway I could buy a new pair of laces directly from them or if they could recommend a place that sells their laces.  The next day I received a very nice email from GS.  They basically said they would do their best to find the matching laces in their office or a pair of laces that would work, and that they would go ahead and send everything my way.  At no point did they ever mention money or ask for any in return.  Today I came out to my mail box and found an envelope full of new free GS laces!  I was shocked at the level of customer service and genuine care they showed me.  I have always been a fan of their products and when anyone asked me about my GS shoes I would always sing their praises.  But after my recent experience I thought it was time for everyone to know that GS not only makes quality goods, but they back them up with amazing customer services.  So if you are looking to add a new edition to your collection, one that blurs the line between sneaker and shoe, casual and dressy at a reasonable price, then look no further Generic Surplus is the brand for you!


Generic Surplus 

No comments:

Post a Comment