Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lupe Hates Lasers!
















Lupe's third studio album Lasers is set to be released this upcoming Tuesday March 8th. Over the past week some of the songs have been leaking online and I have of course been giving them a listen. I have to say that over all I have not been impressed by any means. The couple of tracks that he dropped a while ago like "I'm Beaming" & "Shining Down" are not even on Lasers anymore, and the track I think most people have been liking including myself(The Show Goes On) Lupe didn't even want to do. I just feel a little confused on how to feel about Lupe's career choices at the moment. I have waited three and half years for a follow up to The Cool, which is one of my favorite albums of all time, and you know what Lupe doesn't even like his new Album read here...Read the entire article HERE

Why He Hates Lasers

“One thing I try to stress about this project is, I love and hate this album. I listen to it and I’ll like some of the songs. But when I think about what it took to actually get the record together and everything that I went through on this record—which is something I can’t separate—I hate this album. A lot of the songs that are on the album, I’m kinda neutral to. Not that I don’t like them, or that I hate them, it’s just I know the process that went behind it. I know the sneaky business deal that went down behind this song, or the artist or singer or songwriter who wrote this hook and didn’t want to give me this song in the first place. So when I have that kind of knowledge behind it, I’m just kind of neutral to it like, ‘Another day, another dollar.’ As opposed something like The Cool, which is more of my own blood, sweat, and tears, and my own control. With this record, I’m little bit more neutral as to the love for the record.
When I think about everything that I went through on this record, I hate this album.
“I don’t like the process behind Lasers. The music is dope but I just don’t like the process. We were literally at the point where all this music was done except for a couple songs that we did after the protest. So the bulk of the album was done. And we were talking about shelving the album and going to another label, that’s where we were like, ‘If you put the record out, put it out. Either move on to another album or can it and we’ll do other records at another label.’ The business of it got solved. I’m happy for the fans, this is their album. This is the album that they fought for and that’s what made me do songs like ‘Words I Never Said’ and ‘All Black Everything.’

Read the rest of the article HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment