Saturday, March 21, 2009

Song of The Day: The Roots "The Next Movement"

One of the greatest hip hop songs of all time.  By The Legendary Roots Crew. 

I tilt my crown, then blow down a dime a kiss
You need to buy a CD and stop rewindin this
I'm the finalist, shinin like a rugged amethyst
And at your music conference, I'm the panelist
Listen close to my poetry, I examine this
like an analyst, to see if you can handle this
Check it out
You, got the groove, emcees
freeze, stand still, nobody move
unless you dealin with The Next Movement
The P-Phi-D we be the mon-u-ment
I live my life nice, but I'm not choopid
You theatrical as a Broadway play, this ain't Rent
One hundred percent, straight out the Basement
Spreading this across a planet on some next shit
How many people feelin this love music? C'mon

No comments:

Post a Comment