Sunday, February 28, 2010

Song of the day "Highs and Lows" by Kid Cudi

Probably a month ago now I heard this song and right away I loved it. Even before Cudi says a single word and that Lay Lady Lay sample hit my ear. At a young age i'd say my musical taste was a lot different then others. Having an older brother just gives you that kind of information...maybe even before my time. When my brother got on Bob Dylan about 10 years ago I was only 12 but his music was great. From Knockin' on Heavens Door to Lay Lady Lay and from Hurricane to Shelter From The Storm I was hooked. I even got a chance to see him live. Now a days you wouldn't guess that I am a Dylan fan. I never really listen to him at all, but I am a fan. This song came around at a time in which I can totally relate with what Cudi is saying.

I was high
When I first had the taste of love
I was high
When I left the city I was from
And I was low
When I had a recent heartbreak
I was low
Cause I truly thought I had a mate
I was low
When I lost her over silliness
I was low
Cause she twisted what my words meant
But I was high
When I finally had the chance to see
Everything that's pretty ain't always good for me
I was high
When she first said I like you
Man I must be too high to even write, dude
And these things show you growth
Some niggas show a little
But I'll show you the most
Highs and lows
and succeed for sho
The only thing left to do is say a toast
Cause...
I be high
Then I be low
I be low
Then I be high
It's like a battle knife to a gun fight
But I be cool
This the story of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment