Thursday, September 10, 2009

Song of the Day : "Across 110th Street" Bobby Womack

This song has been used in countless movies. Such as American Gangster, not to mention its own movie 110th Street. I have been on a Tarantino craze since I saw Inglourious Basterds a couple of weeks ago. He really is one of my favorite filmmakers if not my favorite. He has directed some of the best movies in recent years including--Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill Vol. 1 & Vol. 2, Grindhouse: Death Proof & Inglourious Basterds. Not to mention he has been the writer on them and others as well including--Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Natural Born Killers, From Dusk Till Daw, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill Vol. 1 & Vol. 2, Grindhouse: Death Proof , and Inglourious Basterds. I just got Jackie Brown and plan on watching it tonight. It is a really good movie. And it just so happens to open with this song. I watched the begging of it this morning and have had it stuck in my head all day. Its a classic so check it out if you consider yourself a fan of music...

Across 110th Street,
Pimps trying to catch a woman that's weak
Across 110th Street,
Pushers won't let the junkie go free.
Across 110th Street,
Woman trying to catch a trick on the street.
Across 110th Street,
You can find it all in the street.

I got one more thing I'd like to y'all about right now.
Hey brother, there's a better way out.
Snorting that coke, shooting that dope man you're copping out.
Take my advice, it's either live or die.
You've got to be strong, if you want to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment