Sunday, September 6, 2009

Thoughts of the Day: September 6, 2009



So yesterday was the first day of College football! I am not what you'd call the normal college football fan. I would def say I am more of a professional sports fan. They are the best of the best that is why they are professionals.

I always hate when people say they don't like professional sports because the players are all about the money. Are you joking me. Every sport is all about the money from Middle Schol & High School all the way to College! Except in non-professional sports the players aren't the ones making the money, everyone else is making money off of the players talents--from the schools to the coaches and everyone in between. Don't for a second think that college athletes are playing for the hope that one day they will get to be a PRO and make money off of their talents, the talents that other people have been making money off of since they were in middle school! I know their might be exceptions but they are few and far between!

To get back on track...I am not one of those people who are just going to watch every and any college football game because it is a Saturday in the fall. My favorite College team is Norte Dame. If you ask me why here are the reasons: 1. Deep down it probably has to do with the fact that me and my brother watched RUDY at a very young age. Norte Dame Soon became my brothers favorite and as lil brothers and big brother go it soon became mine. 2. I am from Irish decent and its hard not to root for a team with the mascot The Fighting Irish. 3. They are one of the oldest teams in college sports with a storied past and legacy, and they have the most National Championships in the NCAA with 11 (1924, 1929, 1930, 1943, 1946, 1947, 1949, 1966, 1973, 1977, 1988). 4. They are just Badass.

For a long time I have not been a UGA football fan. Through out High School I would hate on UGA all the time. For the most part because they just seemed like the bandwagon school. Everyone was just a GA fan because it was the thing to do. Even if they didn't know a damn thing about football. I have lots of friends who are die hard fans and they have reason that make sense to me--1. Their parents are siblings went to school there. 2. Their parents or siblings were fans of the school. I have heard so many times that I should be a fan of UGA because I am from GA. To me that makes no sense there are alot of college football teams in GA. Does that mean I should be a fan of GA Tech or GA Southern because I am from GA? NO. In the past couple years UGA has grown on me. I've gone to games and watched many on TV with my friends who are die hard fans, and now I am a BULLDOG myself! So I guess its time to root for UGA HARD!

Now yesterday was a very disappointing game for the Bulldogs. They lost to a none SEC team opening game of the season. But this is a rebuilding year and everyone in Bulldog nation needs to know this. I have faith they can pull out some wins this year. Yesterday ND and UGA were playing at the same time luckily we were able to set up two tvs next to each other and have both games on. And to be honest at some point I wish I could've switched to volume to the ND game because they beat some ass yesterday! 35 to nothing it was great to see them play at such a high caliber. I haven't seen a ND team like that since Brady Quinn was their a few years back. Hopefully this will be a return to their legacy and a bowl game win!

As you can see from my picture above I am pumped for next weekends bulldogs home season opener against USC. Since I am a new transfer student at UGA I didn't get tickets to all the games(it sucks). I know freshman that got all the tickets so it doesn't really make much sense to me. I was able to buy a ticket to the game and can't wait. E's! brother is coming down from USC were he goes to school and I hope JMEG and some of the KSAW crew come up as well. Will and Josh told me they'd be here so its going to be a packed house and t he more the merrier! It is going to be insane! A night time game--I am sure we are all going to be so shitty by the time the game starts!

And you know what USC is gonna feel the BULLDOG BITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment