Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson: Hit Overview

So I thought I had said my peace about Michael Jackson but I was wrong. You just don't realize how important he was to music. He has been a performer and an artist for every decade of his life. He touched so many generations from our parents to us to the kids younger. I can't believe he is dead. But at the same time it is strange to hear all these people talk about how much they love him when you never heard them talk about him before. He def has not been the Michael that our parents and we grew up with. He had become strange in his later years, but he was always the "King of Pop". So I guess you could make fun of him if you want. But his body of work speaks for itself. You cannot listen to his music and not feel something. I'd say most of the time I just feel happy like I want to dance when I listen to him. About 6 months ago I had downloaded the essential michael jackson 2 disc album, and rocked out to it for awhile. I really can't believe he is gone.

From a little child he was the man. He had an amazing voice and the moves to boot. This is such a great song just hits your heart in the right spots.


Don't Stop Till You Get Enough is probably one of the most uplifting get pumped songs. It makes me want to dance everytime. It came as his first solo work on his album Off The Wall produced by the legendary Quincy Jones and was an instant hit.

You got to love Chris Tuckers version of it. Makes me laugh everytime. Such a great scene in a great movie.

A picture of me dancing to Don't Stop Till You Get Enough at Halloween part 1. Till this day it is the best dance party we've had at The House On Haunted Hill and in my opinion the best party we've had all together. I mean when you look around you and everyone is getting down I mean getting down to some Michael Jackson you know it's a party!


If you do not own the Thriller album I suggest that you get it some how. It is a true masterpiece and is the number one selling album of all time for a reason.

Alright so this video use to scare the shit out of me when I was growing up. And if you know me you know that I still hate zombies! But there is really only one word for this video EPIC!


This was the first real African American music video on MTV. It is a total masterpiece. I mean videos try to be as cool as this shit is and they rarely are. Mike just looks like a bad ass the whole video. Crazy dance moves and very cool editing in the whole video. The light up street come on.


This song right here I didn't find till years after I had grown up with the Thriller album. But damn if it is not one of my favorites off of it. It really just makes me feel so happy and just like I want to dance. I mean the song is just so damn funk, oh and you know I got that PYT now!


Last but not least a song from the 90's! I don't know if anyone else remembers this song but I use to rock out to this all the time when I was a kid at the age of 5 and 6. The way he sings the chorus is just amazing. And once again another epic video with Eddie Murphy and Magic Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment