Monday, July 26, 2010

The Temper Trap

I came across The Temper Trap the other day when we were sharing music videos in the office. They are a really good new band from Melbourne. You might recognize the second song "Sweet Disposition" from the film 500 Days of Summer. Anyways sometimes its hard for me to get away from my musical bread in butter that is HIp-Hop. For the most part i'd rather just put on some Tribe or Outkast and just sit back and know I'm going to love what I hear. Recently I have been trying to get out of my comfort zone and listen to music from different genres than Hip-Hop. Temper Trap just feels right for many reasons. The main being that they have a very U2esque sound and I grew up with U2 i've seen them twice in concert and love them. (There are many people from my generation who hate on U2 and don't give them the respect they deserve. But without U2 you wouldn't have bands like Coldplay, Kings of Leon and now The Temper Trap and thats a fact. Go Listen to The Joshua Tree and while your at it check out The Temper Trap...OneLove
The little kids destroy this video for Love Lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment